If you are an existing membership company in Los Angeles, this is an amazing opportunity. How could AEA give you a bigger gift than this? Accept it — and flourish!
- You can continue doing business as usual with your current membership — and with actors who are members of other membership companies
- Those ranks are swelling like never before
- The energy, determination and focus in your company have never been higher
- You have been guaranteed an advantage over some of the more prominent current competitors, and all future competitors. Let me repeat, you have been guaranteed an advantage over all future competitors
- Donors have heard the news, and many are now more likely to donate
- There is too much supply in your marketplace, and this real change will probably bring about a market correction, allowing you to stand out — and reap the financial reward for standing out
- Many existing limits, obligations and restrictions just went bye-bye
- The potential profitability of a hit just went way up
- The next few years will be — by far — the best opportunity membership companies have ever been given to work, thrive and flourish
And one recipe to survive is simple. If you simply sock away the tens of thousands of dollars that you have just been given, and use it as necessary, and not begrudgingly, on new contracts that will be required from time to time, your future is ensured well beyond the next few years. I really do believe that is the accurate way to look at it: you have just been given tens of thousands of dollars. And on top of all this, you will have the satisfaction of employing actors, and you will have been part of real change.
Additionally, if you don’t like the new world and its amazing gifts, you just have to disband for 12 short months and then get together again as a loose affiliation of friends.
Or, if the “Plan A” and “Plan B” ideas that I mention above don’t work for you, find another way. You’re correct in observing that you won’t be able to operate in your current manner in perpetuity, but remember that you are creative and resourceful individuals who will find another way, and you’ll turn this opportunity into a business plan where you can pay the required wage.
This large, amazing, unique gift has been laid at your feet. Welcome it. Practice acceptance. Accept this change (the sooner the better), and get to work. The very critical Phase One is happening right now, and it goes until April 1.
And guess what? There’s another little gift, even if we don’t like talking about this one. You see, if you do screw it up, or if you do your very best and you still don’t survive for reasons beyond your control, you have a scapegoat. Everyone will agree you were great, and that it was all Equity’s fault.
THIS IS A GIFT — SEIZE IT!